The Kir Royale Cocktail is chic and refreshing. My favorite cocktail, made with crème de cassis and champagne, as seen on Emily in Paris.
- 5 oz Champagne or Sparkling Wine (dry - not sweet)
- 1 tbsp Crème de Cassis Liqueur
- Pour the Crème de Cassis Liqueur into the bottom of a champagne flute
- Top with chilled Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- Stir and serve immediately
It truly is as simple as that!
Le Chef's Wife Tip: Make sure you are using dry champagne (classified as Brut) or sparking wine for this recipe. The Crème de cassis is already quite sweet - if you use a sweet sparkling wine (demi-sec or doux) the drink will be much too sweet.
Keywords: kir royale, kir royal, french cocktails, apperitif, champagne