Sautéed Haricots Verts (French Green Beans) are a great side dish. The melt in your mouth texture, the tang of the garlic butter and the zest of fresh herbs make sautéed haricots verts a dinner time favorite.
- 12 oz French Green Beans (haricots verts), trimmed (snap the end off)
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp of butter.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Place a pot of salted water to boil for your haricots verts.
- Trim the ends of the haricots verts and place in boiling water for 12 minutes.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat, drizzle the olive oil and toss in in the sliced cloves of garlic.
- Allow the garlic to sizzle before adding in the strained green beans.
- Once the remaining water has evaporated, add in the butter.
- Toss frequently. Use a pair of tongs to toss the green beans so you keep their shape. If you use a spoon you risk breaking them.
- Finely chop the fresh parsley. Sprinkle onto the green beans.
- Mix together and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to your dish of choice and serve.
- Bon Appètit!
Make sure you are cooking the haricots verts almost all of the way through while boiling. You simply want to add a golden coat of butter when sautéeing.
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Sautéed Haricots Verts:
Simple Rosemary Roast Rack of Lamb and Potatoes
Keywords: french green beans, sautéed haricots verts, haricots verts